School started up this week after winter break and now we’re having a long weekend! It’s really pretty awesome working for a school district, I must say.
Let’s do a bullet rundown of random stuff! (I know, exciting!)
- I met Aaron Miles, former MLB second baseman. He’s from the area and we saw him at one of our locals the other night. He commented on my A’s jacket (ha!) but I didn’t get to say much to him. Maybe next time?
- Got my bangs trimmed and my eyebrows waxed. I always love seeing my stylist. I asked her about color (highlights) because those gray hairs are popping up on my head. I was holding out for waiting a few more years before coloring my hair but it could happen sooner rather than later. Bummer!
- I don’t know why I watch football games when I don’t really care about the teams. It’s fun when teams you don’t like end up losing but it makes me feel a little bad that I delight in such things. Maybe I just need to watch sports in general (or at least have it on in the background). Maybe I’m just waiting for my Super Rugby to start.
- Reformatted the Mac Mini and it’s now my computer. This is the first time I’m using a Mac as my home computer. Crazy! Some things I definitely like:
- I love the way all my devices are interconnected. I can unlock the Mac with my Apple Watch!
- I know I’m going to need to learn some different things but it feels pretty easy so far. My last macOS computer was a PowerBook, so this isn’t so very alien.
- I just love having a computer again! (As I type on my Chromebook…)
- IT – This was a good movie! Creepy and uncomfortable and scary in parts. I didn’t know the story so it was new to me. I enjoyed it even though it was disturbing on so many different levels.
- The Limehouse Golem – I liked this one even though I pretty much figured out the identity of the golem. Still, it was quite well done and intriguing. Definitely recommend it for the superb acting, great atmosphere.